T&MW announces winners of 2011 Best in Test awards
D Sargent- May 5, 2011On May 4, Test & Measurement World announced the winners of the 2011 Test Engineer of the Year, Best in Test, and Test of Time awards. Rick Nelson, editorial director of T&MW, presented plaques to the winners during a ceremony held in conjunction with the Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose, CA.
The annual Best in Test awards recognize important new products in the test and measurement industry. We announced the 2011 finalists in 16 categories in our December/January issue; the winners were chosen by a vote of our readers and editors. The winners are:
- ATE/production test: Neptune 2 Automated Drive-Test System, Teradyne
- Bus analyzers: TLA7SAxx Series Logic Protocol Analyzer, Tektronix
- Compliance/environmental test: ONYX Electrostatic Discharge Simulator, Haefely EMC
- Data acquisition: ProDAQ 3416 Analog Input Module, Bustec
- Design for test and boundary scan: TIC020 TAP Interface Card, GOEPEL electronic
- Instruments, handheld and bench: PocketPico Picoammeter, Ix Innovations
- Instruments, modular: M9018A PXI 18-Slot Chassis, Agilent Technologies
- Machine vision and inspection: TOM In-Line Optical Inspection System, GOEPEL electronic
- Network and fiber-optic testers: TestCenter for Mobile Backhaul, Spirent Communications
- Network test software: TestShell 4.3, QualiSystems
- Oscilloscopes: WaveMaster 8 Zi-A, LeCroy
- RF/microwave test: M9392A PXI Microwave Vector Signal Analyzer, Agilent Technologies
- Semiconductor test: V93000 HSM3G Production Test System, Verigy
- Signal sources: WaveXciter Series Arbitrary Waveform Generators, Tabor Electronics
- Wafer probing: V93000 Direct-Probe Solution, Verigy
- Wireless test: Field-to-Lab Solution, Azimuth Systems
The Best in Test winner that receives the most overall votes is named the Test Product of the Year. For 2011, the winner of this award is the V93000 HSM3G Production Test System from Verigy.
T&MW’s Test of Time award recognizes a product that continues to provide state-of-the-art performance at least five years after its introduction. From the 10 finalists we announced in our December/January issue, our readers and editors voted the Model 3070/i3070 In-Circuit Tester from Agilent Technologies as the winner of the 2011 Test of Time award.
Test & Measurement World’s editors congratulate all of the winners and thank all readers who took time to cast a vote for this year’s awards. For more information about our awards, go to our T&MW Awards Programs page.
The recipients of the T&MW's annual awards gathered with editorial director Rick Nelson (front row, without plaque) for a group photo at the conclusion of the awards ceremony.