T3’s telephone line tester packs multiple functions
Test & Measurement World Staff - July 25, 2012
The Tel-Scope TLA300 telecommunication line analyzer from T3 Innovation offers a complete menu of functions for measuring data, monitoring active lines, and detecting high line voltages. The handheld tester also employs Independent Technologies’ Data Defender to protect digital lines from accidental disruption by outside test equipment.
A large backlit display shows information clearly, and with a glow-in-the dark keypad, the unit can be used in low-light environments. The rugged test set is weatherproof for outdoor use and is drop-tested to 20 ft. Other Tel-Scope features include:
- Angled bed-of-nails cord set;
- On-hook voltage readings;
- Off-hook current readings;
- Caller ID/call waiting and error detection;
- Last number called or received list;
- Amplified line monitoring for volume level;
- Soft-key menu system;
- Detection and identification of DSL and T1 lines; and
- DTMF digit capture.
Tel-Scope runs on four AAA alkaline batteries. With 100% backlight and speaker mode activated, the device can operate for up to 20 hours. With the backlight and speaker off, Tel-Scope operates for up to 75 hours.
T3 Innovation, http://t3innovation.com/sites/default/files/onesheets/T3-Tel-Scope-Onesheet.pdf